Wanted: Opes Group Management Accountant
Opes Partners - Christchurch
Full Time: 8.30am-5pm weekdays in office
$70,000-$90,000 gross p.a. based on experience
Office: Christchurch CBD
We are excited to be looking for a Management Accountant to join us at Opes Group. The Management Accountant's role is to ensure that each of our businesses can make informed decisions based on accurate financial information.
We are recruiting a talented, ambitious, smart, commercial all-rounder who can support the CFO and be at the heart of value creation for each of the companies in our group.
Who we are:
Opes Group is a property investment vertical that consists of property education, financial advisory, real estate sales, mortgage advisory and property management. We are on a mission to give Kiwis the financial education and guidance they need to make their ambitions a reality.
The job in two bullets:
- Help our CFO grow the Group faster, earlier and bigger. You will be at the heart of implementing world-class management reporting and turning numbers into insights.
- Help our CFO create scalable businesses. You will be the custodian of our financial reporting. Accuracy, transparency, and simplicity are our core focus.
Some examples of management and financial reporting:
- Support the CFO in the preparation of budgets, forecasts and Board reports.
- Producing monthly management information and insights for each of our companies.
- Ownership and enhancement of our accounting systems and processes.
- Be the problem solver for finance queries from our employees, customers, and suppliers.
Who would make a great Management Accountant?
- Low ego, high emotional intelligence, able to make friends and build strong relationships.
- Dynamic, hard-working self-starter.
- Resilience – it won’t all be unicorns and rainbows. Work will be interesting but challenging.
- Comfortable in the clouds and in the weeds.
An Accounting Degree, CA, ACA, CIMA would be preferable, but it won’t disqualify you either. We will be invested in your career path to become a world-class accountant.
Sounds exciting! But are you the right fit?
This role has cross-function exposure to several high-growth businesses and ambitious leaders, so comes with unique challenges:
- They are talented, driven people with unrivalled knowledge in their field. Their focus is always on the best-case scenario. You need to support the CFO to make sure all scenarios are considered and communicated.
- They have huge passion for their business and have sacrificed much to make them successful. You’ll need exceptional interpersonal skills and minimum ego.
- You need to connect with all companies in the Group to do your job. How will you manage that? Ego out, empathy in!
What's in it for you?
- Competitive remuneration package including medical insurance and car park in town.
- Beautiful inner city Christchurch office to work from.
- Phenomenal in-office culture - everyone is hardworking, friendly and supportive.
- Fun and progressive company! We celebrate birthdays, enjoy Friday drinks and have wonderful work functions. We also value innovation and ideas!
The Recruitment Process:
We look forward to reviewing your application and relevant CV. We will respond and let you know if you are invited to a first interview. The next stage will be a second interview to introduce you to key people in the business. We will then make a job offer.
Finding the right person for the role is our focus. Ideally, you are available to start soon, but we can be flexible for the right person.